Community Council Minutes- January 26, 2017
Attendance: Katie Amsden (principal), Jamie Smith (teacher), Trista Keller (parent), JeNae Clegg (parent), Shae Stanger (parent)
1. Reviewed the order of conduct
2. Reviewed Trust Land Plan
• $4500- allocated for AmeriCorps Employee.
- Position has been helpful with low- attendance students and students with behavior issues.
- Compared absences of specific students from last year to this year. Improvement has been made over the first quarter
- Employee has a caseload of 40 students (should have 30)
-Concluded the position is worthwhile and money well spent
• $4900 allocated for technology (Dream Box & Aleks) $4,136.43 has been spent
• $700 allocated
• $1500 allocated for periodicals
• $27,000 allocated for aides and their salaries
• $24, 312.52 remaining through June 2017
3. Discussion of parent input for allocation of funds for upcoming school year.
• Discussion included the need for a set of chrome books since we will be losing one set at the end of this year.
- JeNae Clegg made a motion to purchase one set of Chromebooks using Trust Land funds for the upcoming year.
- Trista Keller seconded.
- The motion was unanimously approved.
• The use of classroom sets of periodicals (National Geographic, Time for Kids etc.) was discussed.
- $5000 has been spent on periodicals this year.
- The teachers will be surveyed to assess the value of this resource in their teaching.
- The matter will be revisited at the end of this school year.
4. Title One Audit is coming up.
- Reviewed the Title One plan
-Discussion of how to spend Title One money.
- Items discussed were Family Night, Non-fiction Text for the school, a teacher planning day in the summer and Professional Development for the teachers.